Sunday, May 27, 2012

The power of Scent

I went out this morning to take out a bag of trash (sounds so romantic, doesn't it?). It wasn't terribly early but the streets were quiet. It is gloomy and grey out. It rained last night and more rain is on the forecast. But the smell...................................oh the smell captured me with one whiff.

Fresh, moist, soft...........and wham.......................I was up north, camping.

Instantly........absolutely instantly, I was unzipping the tent and climbing out in the early morning hours. That is my favourite time when I camp (ok campfire is up there too). It's quiet. No one is up yet. The air is soft and fresh, most likely because it rained the night before. With a cup of piping  hot coffee, I head down to the to the spot where it over looks the water. There is a mist coming off the far side of the lake. The sun is rising up off to the left at the far end of the lake. The loon calls (no, not my family) are echoing off to the island on the right. My feet are wet from my walk across the dewy prairie grass. It's a moment of Optimism. Of Hope. There is nothing but the day ahead of you  and such peace and harmony.

I love mornings like that.

I need more mornings like that. many more.

Source: http://shakingthemoneytree.blogspot.com/2012/04/power-of-scent.html

verizon 4G country financial statefarm

No comments:

Post a Comment