Thursday, August 2, 2012

Itching to Store


With four of us in an 850 sq ft house (with basement) space is at a premium. Each summer I get purging fever and feel the need to go through things and chuck (recycle, donate etc). I guess it is my way of psychologically balancing the 'one in one out' that doesn't always get done over the year. 

Each summer for the past four summers I stare at the far wall of my recroom and cringe. It's full of clutter. Boxes and containers and piles of stuff. Mostly DS1's hockey stuff and a whack of DH's scout leader stuff. There is no store room in the house so this is where it gets dumped.  On Sunday, I with the temps soaring, I sought refuge in the cooler basement, which is usually occupied by the boys. I stared at that wall and went batsh*t crazy. Couldn't stand it. So off to the internet I went to see how much it would cost to put cabinets on the wall. I have talked about it before but talk is cheap when one never does anything about it.

I found a few that were interesting but required drives to a neighbouring city. I checked out our limited resources in town and found they just didn't have what I wanted. 

Home Depot to the rescue. We don't have one here but there is one in the city. The cabinets were 72 inches high and deep enough to hold a lot. The price ? $99. Now they are not solid wood. What is these days? I wouldn't have been able to afford them anyways. But $99 I could swing.

So yesterday I conned DH into driving with me into the city to get them. Four to be precise. The boxes are happily sitting in my garage waiting for assembly. I sure hope assembly goes well. The reviews were fairly favourable in that regard.

Where will the money come from? Well in July my paycheque is a bit larger as many of my deductions only come off in the 10  months of the school year. I will get $400 extra. yes!! perfect. So onto the CC it went, to be paid off in 2 weeks when my cheque comes in. There was $20 in tax. I have that left from groceries from last week, so I put it down on the CC already.

I am beyond excited and will be moreso when they are up (without a hitch) and happily storing my stuff.







Source: http://shakingthemoneytree.blogspot.com/2012/07/itching-to-store.html

my website news

No comments:

Post a Comment