Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sunday Night Chit Chat



What am I reading?

Well I finished Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari for school. It was not bad at all.

 
And I also finished The PostMistress, by Sarah Blake. It was different than the books I usually read and not bad. It gave me a different viewpoint of  folks behind the scene during WW2 than I had seen before

 
 
What am I watching?
 
 
DS1 had an exhibition game tonight with his Junior A team. A bit of a road trip to a rink I haven't been to, so that was fun.
 
 
What am I listening to?
 
The wind has been blowing all day so I have the front door open to the screen so I can hear the wind blowing.
 
What am I cooking or baking?
 
well nothing, but......


 I  hit the grocery store and Walmart with the money I saved and put aside and spent almost $300 on buying staples for the house for the next few weeks - Toilet paper, kleenex, laundry detergent...those kinds of things. Also on the list was a mess of pantry items - canned goods, boxed pasta, grains. The meat department gave me a few things to freeze up for the busy times ahead and the produce section filled my empty fridge. The money went ridiculously quickly. Sometimes when I do this, I feel as though I am channeling my inner Laura Ingalls Wilder as I stock up for winter.
 
 
What am I happy I accomplished this week?
 
Well I made it through the first week back to work and all those meetings. I bit my tongue on more than one occasion, which is hard for me.  I am happy I got in a few walks as well, to destress and get some fresh air.
 
What am I looking forward to next week?
 
Well it's my first week with the students so I am looking forward to seeing them all. I am really anxious about it. They will be a tough group and I am scared the full work load and stress will bring on the colitis flares again.
 
 
What am I thankful for today?
 
Time. The beautiful time of a long weekend. such a gift.
 
 
Head over to Carla for more Sunday night chit chat. 


Source: http://shakingthemoneytree.blogspot.com/2012/09/sunday-night-chit-chat.html

resource review

No comments:

Post a Comment