Sunday, July 29, 2012

A beautiful morning

I am appreciating the simple things today. I had to get up early as DS2 is heading up to his camp for 2 weeks and leaves early. I had time for a leisurely cup of coffee on my front step to appreciate the beauty of the morning. It is a bit cool and a breeze but the birds are chirping and the air is fresh and it was so wonderful. For any neighbours who happened to be looking out the window and saw me with bedhead and jammies on my step, perhaps it wasn't quite such a beautiful morning for them :-)

It would have been a great time to go for  a walk. That cool of the morning is my favourite time. I hope I will be able to do that again soon.

Friday after school I went to a coworkers who was hosting drinks for whoever was around. It was a lovely couple hours of just sitting there enjoying the fresh air (and shade) and just winding down together. I am so fortunate that for us, coworkers = friends.

Saturday was not my best day side effects wise, so I was not ambitious. The dizziness was not conducive to driving or being upright much. I did go with DH out to my sister's to feed her cats. She is off on a solo motorcycle ride to Vancouver. She needs to recharge and this does it for her. For me, I curled up on her back lawn  on a quilt to watch the cats and few remaining kittens gambol about. New kittens are so much fun as they tumble and wrestle. A couple of the mama cats joined me on the quilt and had a nap. We had supper at my parents. Nothing fancy. Just bbq'd burgers and fixings. They are headed off camping to join my third sister and several of the nieces and nephews.

Today after DS2 leaves I am going to do a bit of house tidying, figure out my jars and money and maybe read a bit. SO nice to not spend my whole Sunday at the school as I usually do.

Cost for DS2 for this camp for two weeks - nothing. They run it.
Cost for hanging out with kitties - nothing but the gas to drive the 10 K to her place
Cost for reading - nothing

Having time to appreciate the moments of the day - priceless

Source: http://shakingthemoneytree.blogspot.com/2012/07/beautiful-morning.html

click here click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment