Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A free weekend

A rare treat for me today.

DS2 has been gone to his scout camp since last Sunday. DH left last night to join him as they are running programming for a group and adult presence is required.

DS1 is packing up his car as we speak. He is off to join my parents, and a couple of my nieces at the lake, 2 hours from here. It isn't the big family weekend with all the cousins but it is still time away at the lake. I am so pleased both my boys value camping and family time so much. It makes me feel like I did at least one thing right raising them.

My almost 2 year old great nephew will be there. DS1 is beyond awkward and uncomfortable with little kids so this will be a good experience for him. When we hit Walmart yesterday to grab a few munchies for the lake, DS says "does that kid have a fishing rod yet????" I laughed and said, "He isn't even 2". So??? DS replied. "It's time he started".

DS picked out a CARS fishing rod for the boy, lamenting the fact that there wasn't a hockey themed one.

As for me, I have a list of to dos while I stay home and take care of my sister's place, ours and my parents. I need to get to the school too and pick up the items that need to be moved before my floor gets waxed.

Oh boy! me time!


Source: http://shakingthemoneytree.blogspot.com/2012/07/free-weekend.html

their website this link

No comments:

Post a Comment